NOTE: Please don’t forget the final step of the RSVP process — confirming your response by clicking on the Confirm my RSVP button in the email you will receive. Your response won’t count if you don’t click the confirmation link above.
This year’s Moving On celebration will be on Wednesday, June 21st, 2017.
ORDER OF EVENTS & HELPFUL SUGGESTIONS:
- Graduation Ceremony starts at 6 pm in the Bedford High School gymnasium and should run through 7:15 or so. Seating is not assigned (except for the students).
- Graduates must arrive a half-hour early (be there at 5:30 pm) to be lined up alphabetically – don’t be late!
- Attire: Graduates should be dressed nicely, boys in suits or dress slacks, collared shirts (short sleeve is more comfortable/less hot that long, but either are fine), & ties, and girls in dressy attire. Everyone (kids and audience) should be aware that it is extremely warm inside the gym so people should dress accordingly. Even if it’s chilly or breezy outdoors, it can be hot and steamy inside the gym. Dress in light materials, layers to shed if you’re overheated, short sleeves or sleeveless tops, etc. Carry a sweater instead of wearing long sleeves. If you carry in a water bottle to sip during the ceremony, please make sure you carry it out. Do not litter the gym.
- The ceremony will be videotaped by Bedford TV. Buy a DVD via Bedford TV’s website.
- After the Ceremony/Going to the Moving On Celebration: Before leaving BHS, t is acceptable for kids to change some clothes. Usually, boys change into khaki shorts and Polo-type of shirt. Girls may change too but usually they stay in their beautiful dresses and just switch shoes (flipflops or sandals.) There are restrooms outside of the BHS gym where kids can change. Families should collect the suit jackets, high heels, and other random things from the graduates and say their goodbyes at BHS because the kids will walk over to JGMS for their Moving On celebration.
- Dinner and Dance: At JGMS, for graduates only and supervised by teachers and Moving On chaperones, not 8th grade parents or families.
- Day before Moving On: 8th grade field trip to Canobie Lake Park. Kids should wear their 8th grade shirt to school that morning. If a child did not get his/her shirt, it will be in the Front Office, with his/her name on it, ready for pickup before they get on the bus.
DONATIONS NEEDED TO MAKE MOVING ON HAPPEN: Finally, and most important, this event is run entirely on donations. If you have made a donation, THANK YOU. If you haven’t yet had the opportunity, please take a moment to do so now. We need to finalize all items, based on received budgets. This year’s donation forms are located at 2017DonationRequestLetter
THANK YOU all for your support!
Glimpse of Moving On 2015 as reported in the Bedford Citizen http://www.thebedfordcitizen.org/2015/07/01/jgms-class-of-2015-moving-on-bhs-class-of-2019-moving-in/